Apply UK Visa Online: Every year lakhs of Indians travel to the United Kingdom for a variety of purposes be it for tours, jobs, Studies, Business, Family visits, shopping, etc. Only a few countries are exempted from taking the visa to enter the UK. Other countries need visas mandatory to visit the UK, India is one of those countries.
Indians need to carry UK visa while entering through land, water, air and there is a long process involved for getting a visa which we are going to discuss here now.
Types of Visa:
Type of visa issued depends on the purpose of your travel and the related documents submitted for verification. Let’s see what types of visas are issued to Indians by the UK Government.
- A study visa is given for students who are visiting the UK for completing their post-graduation or other programs.
- A work visa is issued for those who got an employment opportunity from the organization in the UK.
- The tourist visa is given to Indians who are planning to visit the UK for vacation/holiday and shopping.
- Business visa for individuals who got an invitation from the business parties involved.
- Family visit visa to visit family members residing in the UK for a validity period of 6 months or less.
- Transit visa, when there is a stop in the UK while traveling to some other destination.
- Visa for parents is issued to the people traveling to the UK who visit their children studying at school.
- Marriage visitor visa for those who are planning to get married in the UK or to register a civil partnership in the UK.
- A medical visa is given to those applicants who are traveling to the UK for treatment purposes.
The applicant should apply UK visa in the official website of UK to initiate the process. There are a total of 19 languages available for the applicants to carry out the process in the language of their choice. After choosing the language, then you need to choose the type of visa you are applying for.
If you are unsure of the type of visa to which you want to apply for a UK Visa, check the website for information on the different types of visas available and the eligibility criteria for each of them. After identifying the visa type, fill up an online application form, and make the payment.
Then you need to book an appointment slot at the nearest consulate office. During the appointment, the applicant has to submit the proof documents supporting the purpose of travel to the UK and biometrics in the consulate office.
In India, Visa centers are available at Delhi, Gurgaon, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Cochin, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Goa, Jalandhar, Jaipur, and Lucknow.
You can track the status of your visa application online from time-to-time to avoid delays. If you are applying a visa for the first time and see what the process is overwhelming, you need not worry about it as there are trusted UK visa consultancies where you can reach for guidance on the application.
SmotPro, being one of the best Visa consultancies in India is here to assist you on every step from filling the form until the appointment time. But the issuance of visas is dependent entirely on the UK embassy and the applicant’s performance during the interview at the Consulate.
Visa charges vary for various applications based on the type of visa, the applicant applied for and the duration of visa with single or multiple entries. To know more details on the visa charges for different applications, visit the UK Embassy official website.
Documents required for each visa type:
- A valid passport which should not expire before leaving the UK.
- Proof of accommodation: Pay receipts from the hotel/hostel in the UK
- Financial stability proofs: Documents which show that you enough balance to bear your costs during your stay in the UK.
- Travel itinerary: Providing full details on your trip with travel dates, flight tickets, places to visit, things to do, etc.
- Invitation letter: Letter of invitation is required from the person with whom you are going to stay in the UK. The person can be a friend or family member who is a UK national or carrying legal resident of the country.
- Visa fee receipt
Additional documents required:
- If you are travelling on a job visa, then letter from the employer is required with details confirming the duration of employment, position in the organization and salary.
- For self-employed people travelling on a business visa, the particular regarding the owner’s name and date of trading etc are required for visa processing.
- Students travelling on a study visa, need to obtain an invitation from the educational institution confirming their entry at the institution and the course details.
- In the case of minors, birth certificate and the documents of the person accompanying the minor be it a parent or legal guardian are mandatory.
- Applicants travelling on the medical visa have to submit a letter from the hospital in the UK to undergo treatment.
UK visa Denial:
Since the demand to travel to the UK is high, even small mistakes in the application can become the reasons for the rejection. Thus avoid making errors while filling the application form and submitting the relevant proof documents.
If you are unsure of the process, approach the nearby trusted visa consultancies to make the process easier for you.
Below are some of the reasons that may cause the visa rejection:
- Insufficient documents
- Providing fake documents
- Unable to submit financial means to bear the expenses after traveling the UK
- Applying for the wrong type of visa
- Records showing overstay in other countries during previous trips
- Criminal history
After the visa is rejected, the applicant receives the application status as ‘Rejected’ with the reasons behind it. Sometimes, the visa is rejected without any valid reasons. When you feel that you are eligible to get the visa, then go ahead and appeal to the UK Government with justification.
Steps to follow for appealing against invalid visa rejections:
- Fill IAFT-2 appeal form and submit it to the UK immigration center
- Further verification and consultation is taken by the relevant authorities
- If the application is eligible to get a visa, then the final decision is communicated to the applicant by the UK Government.
If the application is rejected even after re-verification, then the applicant has to file a new application correcting previous errors.
Visa extension is possible for few types of visas while you are in the UK. But the process is different for different types of visas. When you have a visitor visa, then the visa extension is only possible till 6-month duration from the time of the visit.
Thus applying for a UK visa is a lengthy process and prone to rejections when applied without proper guidance. Hence, approaching authorized visa consultancies such as SmotPro would reduce the risk of applying multiple times under expert assistance thereby landing you in your dream country as fast as possible.
If you have already applied and are waiting for the visa approval, or got the application rejected, then call us now to consult our experts. Planning to apply for a new UK visa, let us help you with the application process. Feel free to comment here on your experience while undergoing the visa process or any other issues you faced during the process.
SmotPro is a technological company fulfilling the end-to-end-travel needs of a person. We provide Passport, Visa services along with Domestic and International tour-packages. Our tour and travel package includes Pick & Drop, Flight tickets, Accommodation, Conveyance and Travel Insurance. For more details write to us at [email protected] or give a call @99116810975. For immediate bookings visit our website https://smotpro.com/smot-tours